Get Complete OB/GYN Care Without Leaving Lancaster
Lancaster Women’s Center provides complete OB/GYN care for patients at every stage of life. Our board certified obstetrician and gynecologist, Dr. Douglas L. Tiedt, will take the time to address any concerns you have about your female health from adolescence to your senior years.
Dr. Tiedt specializes in both high- and low-risk obstetrics. Over the course of his career, he has delivered over 10,000 babies. This experience as an obstetrician has made him one of the most trusted doctors in Lancaster, SC.
What makes our practice stand out from the rest? Dr. Tiedt’s commitment to the health of you and your baby gives Lancaster Women’s Center an advantage over other, larger OB/GYN practices. You’ll see Dr. Tiedt at each of your obstetrical appointments, as well as in the delivery room. Our patients tell us they take great comfort in knowing exactly who’ll be there to treat them during this important time in their lives. Our care is truly personalized. That’s a luxury you won’t often find in today’s medical offices, and we’re proud to provide this level of attention to our patients.
Lancaster Women’s Center offers routine and specialized gynecology care. Here are just a few of the services Dr. Tiedt performs:
- Yearly exams: Yearly gynecological exams are critical for early detection of potentially serious problems. These exams are also a time for you to speak with Dr. Tiedt about any concerns you’ve had about your general health. Our practice believes that routine visits are the best way for you to stay healthy and in control of your overall wellness.
- Infertility: Infertility has many potential causes. A thorough medical evaluation with a gynecologist is your first step toward getting the answers you need. Dr. Tiedt has helped diagnose and treat infertility in many patients over the years. Let our compassionate staff find the options that will help you create a family.
- Pelvic pain: Pelvic pain can be caused by a number of different conditions. It also presents a number of symptoms. If you’ve noticed pain, bleeding, and other issues that affect your quality of life, call our office. We’ll work to find the cause of your pain and determine the best way to treat it so you can get back to feeling your best.
- Bleeding problems: Bleeding disorders are fairly common, but that doesn’t mean you have to live with them. Tell us about your symptoms. Dr. Tiedt will conduct thorough testing to find the root cause of your bleeding. He’ll review all of your treatment options and give you his professional recommendation for what may work best for your condition.
- Laser surgery
- Bladder surgery for prolapse and leakage
But he’s more than a gynecologist. Dr. Tiedt is available to manage the health of the entire person, including general medical concerns. We believe this approach helps build trust between our practice and our patients. Our ultimate goal is to provide better care, which will lead to better health for those we serve.
Ultrasounds are one of the best ways to diagnose problems and conditions within the body. It’s particularly useful for discovering gynecological issues. We have state-of-the-art equipment to help us look at the pelvic area so that we can accurately identify a number of issues, including ovarian cysts and endometriosis. Using this information, Dr. Tiedt will develop an appropriate treatment plan that’s designed to give you the best results. Our goal is always to help you have the best quality of life possible.
Lancaster Women’s Center also uses the latest ultrasound technology for your prenatal care, including 3D and 4D ultrasounds. 3D ultrasounds show a three-dimensional image of your baby. 4D ultrasounds are similar to a video. You may even see your baby smile during this test! Additionally, this technology allows your obstetrician to get a clearer view of your baby than with a traditional ultrasound. Talk to our office staff to see if your insurance will cover a 3D or 4D ultrasound.
Contact Lancaster Women’s Center for an appointment with Dr. Douglas L. Tiedt, MD. After one visit, you’ll see the difference between visiting a specialist in women’s health care and seeing other doctors in Lancaster. Call today to learn more!
Lancaster Women’s Center
1370 West Meeting Street
Lancaster, SC 29720
Office Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm Monday-Friday.
Closed every other Monday.